The National Landcare Program (Australian Govt) Environment Small Grants, which opened on 16 February, provide up to $5 million in grants in 2017-18 to community, environment, and other groups to undertake natural resource management activities that improve the quality of the local environment.
Grants available: for projects between $5,000 and $50,000
Applications close: 5pm 19 March 2018
Project duration: 12 months
Eligible activities: one of more of the following activities
- weed and pest animal control
- erosion control
- education activities and raising community awareness/participation
- access management
- Indigenous land & sea country planning (only Indigenous groups can apply for these projects)
- recording Indigenous ecological knowledge (only Indigenous groups can apply for these projects)
- administration support related to the project.
Appendixes B & C in the guidelines provide details on eligible and ineligible expenditure.
Guidelines, application forms & more information: go to https://www.business.gov.au/Assistance/National-Landcare-Program-Environment-Small-Grants
For further support contact Landcare Facilitator Kerri Robson at email: [email protected]