Date(s) - Friday, March 23, 2018
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Benefits of Fencing out your Waterways and
Assessing your Farm Water Situation: Field Day
Date: Friday 23rd March 9:30am – 1:00pm at
Flower Dale Farm – 427 Balmattum Siding road, Balmattum.
(Look out for the landcare signs and please wear property foot ware and clothing for paddock walk )
- See the on farm benefits of fencing out your water way.
- How do I manage my water on farm, once fenced out
- New Technology to assist with water management
Gecko Clan, in conjunction with Agricultural Victoria Service and Goulburn Broken CMA are running a short information session for farmers and landholders. Using real case studies.
- Water needs assessment (how much do I have in storage for the home, fire and your livestock)
- Evaluating water reserves (evaporation rates)
- Options for meeting water requirements (flow rates, pumps, tanks and troughs)
- Livestock management options, contingency and trigger points.
- Wireless Water level monitoring and solar pump demonstration
This is a free event with lunch provided – Please RSVP by the 21st March to Kerri Robson on: M: 0418 140 710
Hosted by Balmattum Sheens Creek Landcare group